- Hire an experienced insurance claim attorney after getting medical attention and before filing the claim with your insurance carrier.
- Because Florida is a pure comparative liability state, each party involved in the accident will be responsible to the extent they are found partially at fault.
- In Florida, you have four years to file a lawsuit, which differs from your insurance carrier’s policy to file timely and promptly.
After getting the right medical attention, the first step is to contact an experienced personal injury attorney, someone who has experience handling cases similar to what you are experiencing. Then, you need to contact your insurance company to submit a claim.
When dealing with insurance companies, I recommend having someone beside you that has experience dealing with them, knows your rights, knows the requirements, knows what the insurance company adjuster is doing, and can handle them.
Insurance companies are in business to make money. The adjusters are experts, professionals who have been handling claims 24 hours a day or certainly all day every day. The way they make money is to minimize the payout on each claim or even eliminate the need to pay out each claim.
While some insurance companies require you to talk to an adjuster, some do not. That’s something an experienced personal injury attorney can help you with.
Our attorneys here at Your Injury Law Group have a lot of experience dealing with insurance claims. I have over 35 years of experience dealing with insurance companies and dealing with accident claims. In insurance claims, there are a lot of areas to discuss in this. You can talk about medical treatment, you can talk about lost wages, your ability to earn money while you’re being treated, your ability to drive if your car has been damaged or totaled/total loss, what happens then, what rights do you have, and how do you pursue those rights? All of these things are handled by our experienced office staff. We recommend that you quickly talk to someone with experience.
My suggestion is also to make the free call. The advice may be invaluable.
If you were in an accident and must file a claim with your insurance company, please call Your Injury Law Group for a free consultation at (866) 824-422.
I Was Partially At Fault For My Car Wreck Near Boca Raton, Florida. How Will This Impact My Injury Claim?
Florida is a pure comparative liability state. What that means is determining who is at fault is the number one question when dealing with liability. But it’s more complicated than that. In Florida, to the extent that one person might be partially at fault, it’s to that extent that they can be held responsible.
If for example, you were partially at fault for causing your accident, the question is going to be how much at fault are you? If you are 20% at fault, then you are 20% responsible for your injuries and your damages. If the other side is at fault for 80%, then they may be held to 80% responsibility for all of your damages.
If you have an experienced insurance claim firm, Florida’s pure comparative liability is something that they can work out and help you through. Even if you’re partially at fault, you may still be able to recover damages for your injuries and your other claims to the extent that the other party is at fault.
How Long After My Car Wreck In Florida Do I Have To File A Personal Injury Claim?
In Florida, the time to file your lawsuit is four years after the date of the injury or date of negligence, or the date that you learn of negligence. But for your insurance claim, it depends on which company you are insured through. Your insurance company states in its policy how soon you are required to promptly or timely report a claim. There’s no specific definition for what constitutes timely or prompt reporting of a claim. I recommend reporting it immediately. If you’re going to report it, if you haven’t yet hired an attorney and you have the opportunity to do so, I recommend hiring the attorney first. Then let the attorney handle the insurance claim for you.
One of the first things we do is find out who your insurance carrier is, and then contact the insurance company as quickly as possible so that the claim is reported promptly and timely. We handle that because what happens is the insurance companies, even the ones that you don’t have an obligation to speak with, will try to get a recorded statement from you. They’ll record the interview or they’ll get the information in a way that was different than what you are required to do. The consequences can be pretty significant depending upon the facts, what’s reported, and how it was reported. I recommend having an experienced attorney handle it for you.
For more information on Auto Accident Injury Claims in Florida, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (866) 824-4222 today.
Call For A Free Consultation
We Are Available For You 24/7