What Is Considered A Slip-And-Fall Accident In Law?
Slip and Fall injuries can happen anywhere and include:
- Tripping on loose or worn carpet
- Slipping on a wet floor
- Tripping on cracked or broken pavement in a parking lot
- Falling down poorly maintained stairs
Whatever the cause of your injury, our team at Your Injury Law Group is ready to jump in and help you. We investigate the potential parties so everyone responsible is brought to the table quickly. We deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better and back to work. We contact your doctors to make sure you are getting appropriate medical care for your injuries. And we make sure you understand what is happening every step of the way.
We understand that every slip-and-fall claim is unique. Protecting your rights begins with the specific facts of your case and moves forward from there. We dig deep into everything from uncovering all parties that may have legal liability and putting them and their insurance companies on notice of your claim, investigating what it was that caused you to fall and who was responsible, locating and preserving witnesses and other evidence, and so much more. We also make sure you understand your rights and we move quickly to protect and pursue these rights for you.
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. However, determining liability and pursuing a claim can be a complex process, and it is important to understand your legal rights and options.
In order to pursue a slip and fall injury claim, you must be able to prove that the property owner or another party was negligent and that their negligence caused your injury. This can be challenging, as there may be multiple parties involved and various factors that contributed to the accident. It is important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim, including witness statements, photographs of the accident scene, and medical records.
An experienced slip and fall accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process and build a strong case to support your claim. A slip and fall attorney can help you understand your rights and options, gather evidence to support your claim, negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and represent you in court if necessary.
Why You Need A Slip And Fall Liability Lawyer
Slip and fall cases can be complex, and it is important to work with an experienced slip and fall liability lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve. A slip and fall lawyer can provide the expertise and advocacy you need to pursue your claim and get the best possible outcome.
At Your Injury Law Group, our team of experienced slip and fall attorneys is dedicated to fighting for the rights of injury victims and getting them the compensation they deserve. We have a deep understanding of the legal process and will work with you to develop a personalized strategy to pursue your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. We will keep you informed throughout the process and make sure you understand your rights and the options available to you. If necessary, we will also represent you in court to ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve.
Slip and fall accidents can be especially challenging for those who are already struggling financially. Medical bills can pile up quickly, and lost wages can make it difficult to pay for basic expenses. A slip and fall injury compensation lawyer can help you get the financial support you need to cover your expenses and move forward with your life.
Don’t hesitate to contact Your Injury Law Group if you or someone you know has suffered a slip and fall injury. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to help you get the compensation you deserve. We will work with you to understand your rights and options and to develop a personalized strategy to pursue your claim. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
What Should I Do After A Slip-And-Fall Accident?
The first thing you should do after injuring yourself in a slip and fall or similar accident is call or have someone near you call for medical assistance. As you wait for emergency services to arrive, however, there are many steps you can take that might help your case for compensation later.
- You can and should take photographic evidence of the scene, particularly what caused your accident and injury, but also as much as you can of the rest of the premises, as you never know what important details might be relevant later, such as signage or posted information.
- Collect contact information from witnesses who saw what happened, even if they did not see everything, people who were present at the time of the injury can testify to the state of the premises or other important factors.
- Request any relevant security camera footage of the scene. You may not be able to obtain this without the help of a lawyer however which is why you should also,
- Immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney, preferably one who accepts and/or specializes in slip and fall accidents or injuries. You want someone who will take your case seriously, will know how to get compensation, and will be able to advise you on any more immediate steps to be taken at the scene and afterward.
What Are The Possible Damages I Can Claim After A Slip And Fall Accident?
Any accident and injury can cause a ripple effect throughout your life which can turn it upside down, financial costs build up, emotional trauma can be ongoing, and lost wages all accumulate. Even what seems at first like an innocuous slip-and-fall injury might end up snowballing into a mountain of debt.
Personal injury compensation can help you recover some part, maybe even all, of those costs and damages, including.
- Medical bills and expenses. These can sometimes be cripplingly high, with ambulance costs, treatment costs, surgery bills, hospital stays, medicine, and prescription drug costs, all of which can amputate from a slip and fall injury. All of which your personal injury attorney will help you reclaim. This can include one-time and ongoing medical treatments.
- Lost wages. When you are unable to work due to an injury suffered in a slip and fall accident, whether for a brief or extended period of time, you are losing out on the money you could be earning. This is a clear form of damage from the injury and you might very well be able to recover some or all of these lost wages with a successful personal injury lawsuit. This can include current, past, or even future lost wages.
- Inability to perform household or childcare duties. If your injury results in you being unable to perform duties that others formerly counted on you to provide, these too can be considered real financial economic losses, and included in compensation.
- Non-economic damages. While all the above damages were financial, you are also able to claim compensation for non-economic losses, such as emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and so forth. These are very real damages but are not always easy to predict, understand or quantify.
An experienced slip and fall injury attorney will be able to help you understand what damages you are eligible for, which is often the first step towards claiming them through a personal injury process.